IRCTC mobile ticketing site
Railway customers would be aware of new IRCTC apps for android, blackberry, windows, and iPhone mobiles (download irctc apps here), they would be surprised to know that irctc mobile ticketing site: https://www.services.irctc.co.in/mobile is still relevant and is used by users from all over the country to book their railway tickets.
No doubt that with large number of feature rich smartphones coming in, the apps are the best way to complete the online ticket booking process using mobiles. But still there are crores of people in India having ordinary mobile phones (not smart ones). These ordinary phones aren't capable of running the latest irctc apps which require a mobile to have certain minimum configuration (especially memory and processing speed) to be able to function smoothly. For such people the irctc mobile site is still the best option for booking railway tickets on mobile.
The best thing about the mobile ticketing site of irctc is that, that it works same as the full fledged irctc.co.in site. Hence there is no learning curve whatsoever when one plans to books railway tickets on mobile using irctc mobile ticket booking website.
If you haven't booked tickets for a while, here is a reminder of what you have to do for booking your train tickets:
- Login to URL https://www.services.irctc.co.in/mobile with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click on Book Ticket option under 'services' and fill in details for plan my travel.
- Select the train from the list and continue booking.
- Add passengers or add from saved list of passengers.
- Confirm booking details and pay through Credit/debit card to get successful booking.
That's it. You can see how easy it is to book a railway e-ticket on irctc mobile site.