People who can't book on time usually take a route of tatkal ticket booking to get a confirmed...
click here to go to wwww.irctc.co.in login page Enter your username and password in the form located on the top left corner of that page and login.
After logging in, individual users can do following things from their IRCTC profile:
- Book train tickets,
- See booked ticktets in 'Booking History',
- Plan the journey using 'Plan My Travel' feature,
- Cancel reservation of all or few individuals on the booked railway ticket,
- Find seat availability in a train,
- File complaints, ask for refunds and track the status of their refund application.
This is the only site which provide above services.
Note that the Tatkal booking timings are different. Two types of railway tickets: 'e ticktet' & 'i ticket' can be booked using internet by visiting https://irctc.co.in or using the IRCTC connect app on smartphones. For faster booking it is recommended to use the Next Generation e-Ticketing System (NGET).
Service charges of IRCTC for booking tickets online are as follows:
- e-tickets:Rs. 20/- for Sleeper(SL)/ Reserved Second Class(2S). Rs. 40/- for all other classes.
- i-tickets:Rs. 80/- for Sleeper(SL)/ Reserved Second Class(2S). Rs.120/- for all other classes.
These charges are exclusive of service tax applicable. I-tickets will be delivered to home of customer in selected cities only. E-tickets are booked online and there is no need to take the print out. Customers can use the SMS sent by IRCTC to their registered mobile phone along with any valid ID card (like 'Aadhar') as proof of indentity in place of printed ticket for traveling in train.
Unbelievable but true. It is 70 years since India has got freedom from British rule, yet there is ...