Save time by booking Taj Mahal tickets online. To make it easy for tourists visiting Agra from all over the world to see the wonderful 'Taj Mahal', regarded as one of the seven wonders of the world, the ASI (Archaeological Survey of India) has tied up with IRCTC to sale tickets online.
|tajmahal looks beautiful in moonlight!|
IRCTC has a large user base who continually access its online ticketing website ('irctc.co.in') for booking train and flights. To book tickets for white marble mausoleum erected by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan, go to asi.irctc.co.in or try this on the web. You will also find plenty of information on other heritage monuments of India on this page.
How To Do Online Ticket Booking for Taj Mahal
The process requires few simple steps that you can follow -
Step 1. Go to 'https://asi.irctc.co.in' and select the monument you want to book from the top menu. Here we choose 'taj mahal'.
Step 2. Now provide the visiting date, preferred time (before 9 am, between 9 am to 12 pm, between 12 pm to 3 pm, after 3 pm), number of adult and child tourists.
Step 3. Choose your citizenship. This selection may affect your entry fee. Citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives,Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka should choose 'SAARC'. SAARC is the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is an economic and geopolitical organisation of eight countries. BIMSTEC, Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation is is an international organisation involving a group of countries in South Asia and South East Asia. Citizens of Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka,Thailand, Bhutan and Nepal can only choose this option.
Step 4. Hit the 'book now button' to initiate the ticket booking process.
Step 5. Now you will be prompted to enter visitor details.
Enter name, age, gender, and also select one of the ID cards for proof and mentions its number. Provide correct email address and a valid mobile number. Carefully select number of boys and girls visitors.
Step 6. Make payment. Here you will have plenty of options to choose from viz credit card, debit card, debit card plus ATM pin, and internet banking. Choose whatever suits you best. On successful payment you will see the screen below.
Step 7. Take the printout of ticket. You ticket is valid for 2 days.
Your taj mahal booking is done. You will receive message from IRCTC with user ID and password (which can be used to login to check the ticket history and downloading booked tickets again). Kindly note that there is no direct way to do registration here. You will need to do booking online to receive your login details and then only you can sign into the site.
Information Related To Online Tajmahal Booking
- The print out of ticket will have a unique ticket no. and QR code that will be validate through scan on visit to monument.
- Taj Mahal remains open from sunrise to sunlight, except fro Friday's when it is open only to offer prayers at mosque for 2 hours. Also due to popular demand to embrace its beauty, the monument can be visited two days either side of full moon day at night times.
- Free entry for Children below 15 years. For Indian Visitors total Rs.20/- (Rs.10/- by ASI as Entry fee and Rs.10/- by ADA as Toll tax) has to be paid. Citizen of SAARC and BIMSTEC countries : Total Rs.510/- (Rs.10/- by ASI as Entry fee and Rs.500.00 by ADA as Toll tax). Other Foreign Visitor Total Rs.750/- (Rs.250/- by ASI as Entry fee and Rs.500/- by ADA as Toll tax).
- Smoking is not allowed, nor any inflammable or explosive material is allowed in the premises.
- eTicket is non transferable and entry fee is non refundable.
- Visitor should carry the identity proof in original at the site.
Map of Taj Mahal
Google maps has provided us the taj mahal map which also shows the iconic domed mausoleum along with Yamuna river flowing nearby.
Recent news on Taj Mahal
- US president Barack Obama wished to visit the Taj Mahal, and IRCTC offered him journey in the royal suite of its luxury train Maharaja Express, and we publsihed about it in our post titled is barack obama powerful enough to book maharaja express ticket online, but the tour was cancelled due to security reasons.
- As per recent study conducted by Amelia Carolina Sparavigna, a physics professor at the Polytechnic University of Turin in Italy, the Gardens of the famed Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world, align perfectly with the rising and setting Sun during the summer and winter solstices.